5 signs you might be perfect for an early childhood education career
According to PwC’s 2021 What Workers Want: Winning the war for talent, approximately 38% of surveyed Australians are unsatisfied with their current job and planning to leave within the next 12 months.
If you’re in the same boat; whether you’re keen to retrain in a new and exciting industry, are a school-leaver, or are looking to re-enter the workforce after having children, enrolling to study your Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care could be your ticket to happier days.
A career as an early childhood education is one of the most fulfilling around – plus, it’s a highly in-demand industry, with childcare centres and early learning programs across Perth actively recruiting for caring, qualified staff.
So, how do you know if you are suited to early childhood education? Here are 5 signs you’d be an incredible educator:
- You have a passion for both teaching and learning. Children respond well to someone who is passionate, good at listening and responding to their learning needs.
- You are a good communicator. You’re able to communicate in age-appropriate language for children, as well as effectively communicating the child’s experiences and learning outcomes with families.
- You have an energetic and enthusiastic personality. Learning through play-based activities means that you’re creative and good at thinking outside the box when it comes to engaging young minds in learning.
- You respect children and families. Every child and family are unique. You take on the responsibility to support each child to learn in their own way.
- You’re hardworking, dedicated, and motivated to make a positive difference. This role is challenging, and some days you will encounter frustration, temper tantrums and changing plans (and that’s just the adults!). It takes a dedicated individual to know the incredible impact that your skills and positive attitude have on the future learning outcomes of our children.
Did you tick some of the above? Well, the good news is, there’s never been a better time to work towards a more satisfying career. With the new Lower Fees Local Skills initiative from Jobs & Skills WA, in 2022 you will only pay half price to study your Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.