Everything You Need to Know About Kombucha
Kombucha is often called the ‘elixir of life’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking it’s the newest, latest health buzz, however this ancient beverage is 2000 years old. It’s unclear whether it first arose in Russia or China but regardless it’s now consumed all over world.
WHAT IS KOMBUCHA?
Essentially, kombucha is a fermented tea. A sweet tea mixture is made and is fermented using a SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast). In short, it’s beneficial bacteria and yeasts that work synergistically together to produce a certain type of ferment. After the fermentation magic has taken place, the end result is a refreshing beverage that is tangy, slightly sparkling and absolutely packed with health benefits.
WHY IS KOMBUCHA SO HEALTHY?
Kombucha has live probiotics as well as many active ingredients that promote healthy gut balance and provides your body with the tools its needs for improved digestion, a stronger immune system, better liver detoxification.
All STAR ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- ORGANIC ACIDS – Naturally produce the sour taste that reminds you of a soft drink (in flavour but thankfully not in calories) and can help detoxify the liver and aid digestion.
- POLYSACCHARIDES – Good sugar molecules that are awesome energy sources, immune system charges and power-players in the development of connective tissues.
- POLYPHENOLS – Powerful antioxidants from the teas and herbs.
- ENZYMES – Living organisms that help the body break down protein, fat and starch, boost the immune system and neutralise toxins.
- LIVE PROBIOTCS / MICROORGANISMS – Over 400 millions living organisms that aid digestion and bolster the immune system.
Always opt for a Perth local brew as you can be assured that it is fresh and at its optimum in flavour and goodness. If the kombucha way of life really gets you, you may want to start the journey of brewing your own! Making kombucha a part of your daily health routine is a simple way to help your body feel its best.
Article supplied by Wild Botanic